As we go into a new week today, and mark the end of the weekend, today is all you have to take care of you before the hustle and bustle of the work week starts tomorrow. We have put together some self-care acts to try out this Sunday as your prepare for the work week. These acts will help you refresh your energy and mind.
- List out 10 things you are grateful for: Get sheet of paper and write down all the things you are grateful for.
- Spend the afternoon reading: Grab a cup of tea or coffee and and your favourite books and spend time alone reading.
- Create your own at-home spa experience: Theres’ nothing like having your own spa moment, so put on your facial mask, light some candles, put on some music and give your self a treat.
- Cook and eat a healthy breakfast: Nothing says #adulting like waking up and doing something other than searching for the keys and rushing out the door (it happens). Start your Sunday off right by (finally) having enough time to cook a healthy breakfast. After all, avocado toast with a side of freshly squeezed orange juice isn’t only meant for Pinterest boards and this is your morning to prove it.
- Disconnect from your phone for the day: In a society where information about others is available by opening an app and validated by the double tap of a finger, it can become overwhelming to witness the highlight reel of everyone else’s lives, while trying to not compare it to our own. To avoid this unnecessary feeling, unplug for the day and allow your notifications to be silenced and your world to go quiet.
- Take a long Sunday nap without feeling bad about it: Before going into the new week, make sure you are well rested and calm. So instead of worry about the mails and work you have to do during the week, take a long nap and do not feel bad about it.
- Listen to an inspirational podcast episode: We love listening to podcasts and we highly recommend listening to podcasts on Sundays while you go about your daily routine or as you create your at home spa.
- Take A Long Walk: You can go on a long walk in the evening and take in good air and embrace nature.
Tell us some of your self care routine and we will share them in our next article.