The year is still pretty new, and it is a perfect time start to start job hunting, that is why we have put together some tips to help you land your dream job. It is very possible to get that dream job you have been hunting for, you just have to go about it the right way.
Here are the 5 tips to help you get your dream job.
- Apply for jobs that are never listed & Expand Your Network : Most of the really great jobs are filled before companies even think to post them on job sites. Overall, the interviewing process is tedious and if 50 people interview, 49 are going to be deflated and only one elated. Become friends with people who work in companies you’re interested in. Enjoy learning about them and supporting them. Don’t be surprised when they call you up and ask you to join them when a new position opens up or refer you to an open position at another great company. Networking opens new doors all the time.
- Don’t rely on your résumé always : A résumé is a good first step to get your foot in the door and describe what you’ve accomplished in your career. But showing is better than telling. Create a portfolio that represents who you are and what you stand for, which you can add to LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Those are the places where hiring professionals will go to check you out, anyway.
- Update Your Resume Often: To mull over your career journey sans action is an easy task, but this alone doesn’t provide the visual impact you need. That’s why updating your resume is so damn crucial even if you’re not in the employment market. Albeit tedious, your resume forces you to analyze your work history free of time constraints and review your accomplishments, both menial and remarkable. Writing it down paints a pretty picture of the path you need to get on and brings focus on how to get there. It also helps your resume stay fresh in a rapidly changing and competitive environment.
- Demonstrate genuine gratitude in your current position : Gratitude is an excellent trait to master. Most people enjoy working with grateful, humble, genuine people who give their all. Do the absolute best you can and if you’ve been slacking a bit, go the extra mile to build better habits before seeking that dream job.Keep in mind that happiness generally has little to do with a job. Happiness is a choice. Neither your boss nor your company can make you happy.
- Be Referable : We now live in a globalized world and it’s pretty easy to get your name spread out across a network of people. For instance, You meet a recruiter who really takes a liking to you but has nothing to offer you as far as your dream job is concerned. However, they very likely have a network of other recruiters who do. If you make a strong impression so they know exactly how you can help them, the likelihood of that person passing your contact information to others is high.